Sunday, March 22, 2009

Popcorn Anyone??

Yep I did it, I squeezed 1 more thing into my life. It all fell on me like a ton of bricks when I was up late one night filling out application for grant money and wondering where the $$$$ for this adoption was going to come from esp. if we'd be blessed with 2. As I sat there wondering and thinking and waiting I decided to heck with this waiting I'm going to find a way to fund this no matter what so here I am introducing you to my newest fundraiser....POPCORN Sales. I didn't know how I'd find the time but I keep coming back to the same thing...God will provide. I decided that Sat. was going to be the big day to start this however it got started alil early. I was getting ready to log into my work site tonight when I came to the realization that my work website was down...for 1 min I thought oh maybe I'll do a load of wash or rest. That thought didn't last long cause soon after I saw the popcorn order form laying on the table. I grabbed the order form, put my coat and mittens on and off I went. I know some of you are thinking wow was she scared or nervous, yes I was all that, I didn't even know for sure how I was going to do this or what I was going to say when I got to the door but I also knew it was up to me. Well I'm going to tell you I loved it, I'm still alil giddy about the whole thing. I left home at 5:30pm walked to every house on my block and the neighboring block, everyone that came to the door bought. I arrived back home at 6:45pm and sold a total of 173.00, we get 47% so that's 81.31 toward our adoption. Here's my thoughts, if I do this 4 nights a week and have those results in a week it's 325.64. See why I'm so excited, I'm making things happen. The money is great but visiting with my neighbors was so refreshing. I didn't know I'd see God move like he did thru this adventure and this is why I say that. My neighbor Linda Reichle decided to order a small bag of popcorn and as she handed me the check she said "Jill we really don't need the popcorn we don't even eat it, just take the money", of course I told her No I'm bringing you the popcorn, little did I know when I got home the check from Linda was for 25.00 not the 5.00 like her bag should of cost. I immediately called her and she said "those children don't have a home so people that do what you're doing deserve the 25.00". God is good. I don't know what God's plan is with me or my life but if things go like planned my deep desire is to continue this mission and start our own Adoption Fund for Northwest Iowa families.

I know budgets are tight but if you can we would love your support. My goal is to raise $5000.00 thru fundraisers so I will be doing other things as well including a huge water balloon fight this summer for our town! If you're able to help shoot me an email with your order and than you can send me a check payable to: Jill Verduin or I can accept credit cards. Popcorn should be delivered in 3 weeks. Thanks for all your support and prayers.


Prices are as follows:

Cheddar Cheese,White Cheddar, Chicago Style, Kettle Corn and Rainbow
Snack Bag(4 cups) $5.00 Classic Jar(1/2 gal) $10.00 Value Bag(1 gal) $15.00

Gourmet Carmel
Snack Bag(4 cups) $6.00 Classic Jar(1/2 gal) $12.00 Value Bag(1 gal) $16.00

Cookies n Cream, Chocolate Drizzle Caramel, Peanut Butter Drizzle
Snack Bag(4 cups) $7.00 Classic Jar(1/2 gal) $14.00 Value Bag(1gal) $22.00

Caramel Nut, Macadamia Butter Crunch
Snack Bag(4 cups) $8.00 Classic Jar(1/2 gal) $16.00 Value Bag(1 gal) $24.00

_________________________________________________


Chocolate Drizzle ~ Caramel Corn Our chocolate-loving cooks at Popcorn Palace decided our unbelievable Gourmet Caramel popcorn just wasn’t enough. So they drizzled rich, creamy, premium milk chocolate over a fresh batch of caramel popcorn and ‘viola’… just like that a star was born! Try it soon, it runs out quick….





Chocolate Drizzle









Cheddar Cheese ~ Cheddar cheese originated in the English town of Cheddar. It took almost 1000 years for Popcorn Palace to come along and perfect this wonderful flavor by melding it with delicious, crunchy gourmet popcorn…and our many satisfied customers are sure glad we did!






Cheddar Cheese






Rainbow ~ Looks good, tastes better! Kids just love this one. Our Tangerine,Wild Cherry, Spiced Apple, Grape, and Lemon popcorn flavors are fruity, fun, delicious and… irresistible!






Rainbow









Gourmet Caramel ~ Our famous popcorn, dripping with our secret recipe of real butter-based caramel. The “other guys” try this flavor but Popcorn Palace has perfected it - all with the help of our many satisfied customers. Rich, creamy, crunchy and sweet!






Gourmet Caramel








White Cheddar ~ Not quite as sharp as our signature Cheddar Cheese but just as incredibly delicious. If you like cheese and you like popcorn this one is a natural choice. Serve it with hors d’oeuvres or as an appetizer for special events…just make sure you have enough in the cupboard to keep refilling the bowls






White Cheddar








Macadamia Butter Crunch ~ You won’t have time to pick out all the genuine macadamia nuts loaded into this unbelievable gourmet surprise. Munch and crunch your way to the bottom of the bowl and savor the creamy, real butter in this sweet and nutty treat. A Popcorn Palace exclusive blend!






Macadamia Butter Crunch






Kettle Corn ~ Premium pure cane sugar and select sea salts, mixed with our delicious, original, gourmet popcorn will bring you back to the bowl over and over again. The most sweet and savory sensation you will ever have…and a Popcorn Palace classic!





Kettle Corn






Cookies and Cream ~ What do you get when you mix the most famous cookie ever and our famous gourmet popcorn? That’s right, Popcorn Palace’s signature Oreo’s® Cookies & Cream. Real Oreo Cookie crunch and real Oreo’s cookies too! Everyone knows about Oreo’s and everyone will love our Cookies & Cream popcorn.





Cookies and Cream






Peanut Butter Drizzle ~ Peanut Butter and White Chocolate hand drizzled over our own kettle corn recipe begs you to try it. One of our newest hand drizzled chocolate flavors is sure to please everyone.







Peanut Butter Drizzle







Chicago Style(caramel/cheddar mix)We took our two most popular flavors, Gourmet Caramel and Cheddar Cheese popcorns and combined them together to create a “sweet/salty” taste sensation. We have created a true hometown favorite in honor of our great city - - Chicago!





Chicago Style






Caramel NutCaramel Nut popcorn is the “nutty” sibling of the Gourmet Caramel bathed in a thick, premium mix of cashews, almonds, and peanuts. An amazing sensation like our famous Gourmet Caramel popcorn but loaded with a lot of extra crunch.Yum!





Caramel Nut





No comments:

Post a Comment